Chicken Fajita Bowl
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. garlic
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lime
- Sliced frozen peppers
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 Avocado
- 1 lime
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- Cilantro, chopped
- Prepare the rice according to package directions.
- Combine the paprika, red pepper, garlic, olive oil, and juice from half a lime into a marinade for the chicken. Evenly coat and let sit for at least five minutes.
- Bring the frying pan to medium-heat and cook the peppers until tender.
- Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink. Once it’s ready, slice the chicken into pieces.
- Heat the corn and black beans in a separate stove top pot or in the microwave.
- In a bowl put 1/8 of the rice, corn, and beans, then top with 1/8 of the chicken and peppers. Garnish with 1/8 of the avocado and some cilantro.
- Season with your favorite hot sauce.
- For additional flavor, you can add some canned tomatoes with green chilies.