Chicken Stuffed Tomatoes
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 12 oz. cooked and chopped boneless chicken
- ¼ orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper with seeds removed, thinly diced
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Dash of salt
- Dash of black pepper
- 4 medium ripe, red tomatoes
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl place the first 8 ingredients. Gently toss until well mixed. Cover the stuffing and refrigerate for at least 8 hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- Rinse the tomatoes and dry off excess water. Cut the tops off of each tomato and set aside. Gently remove the flesh and seeds from the inner part of the tomatoes and discard.
- Place ¼ of the chicken stuffing into each tomato cavity. Place the top portion of the tomato as a cap on top of the stuffing.
- Serve one tomato along with whole wheat crackers or warm pita bread.