Chicken Tacos with Peach Salsa
- 8- 8 inch flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 2 medium ripe peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- zest of 1/2 lime (optional)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- zest of ½ lime
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ¾ lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and gently mix to blend.
- Preheat the grill to 400 degrees F.
- Place the chicken thighs in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients. Toss, so that the chicken is well coated with the spices and oil.
- Place the thighs on the preheated grill and allow them to grill for about 5 minutes. Flip them over and grill for an additional 5 minutes or until the meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove the thighs from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice the thighs into strips and build the tacos by placing the chicken strips on the tortillas, and top with the peach salsa and additional cilantro (optional).