Chili Con Carne for 2
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups tomato juice
- 3/4 cup kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- Thinly sliced green onions, shredded cheese and/or our cream for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, cook ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain if necessary.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Portion into individual bowls, top with garnishes as desired and serve.