Chili Con Queso
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion (about 1 medium onion)
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chili peppers, drained
- 1 cup shredded American cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
- Tortilla or corn chips for dipping
- Melt butter or margarine in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion; cook stirring often until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes and green chili peppers; simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Toss cheeses with cornstarch. Gradually add cheese mixture to saucepan, stirring until melted.
- Stir in hot pepper sauce; heat through.
- Serve warm with tortilla or corn chips.