Chinese Potato Salad
- 5-6 medium potatoes (about 2½ pounds)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- ¾ cup chopped bok choy
- 1 red pepper, diced
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1to 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon hot mustard powder, or less to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Boil the potatoes until cooked but still firm. When cool enough to handle, cut into potato salad-sized chunks. Place potatoes in a large bowl with the chopped bok choy, diced red pepper, chopped green onion, and chopped cilantro.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl, adjusting the amount of sesame oil and hot mustard to your taste.
- Pour sauce over potato mixture and gently fold until well combined.
- Chill for at least an hour or more before serving.