Classic Potato Salad
- 2 pounds potatoes (5 to 6 medium), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped (optional)
- In 4-quart saucepot, cover potatoes with water; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and cool slightly.
- In large bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, sugar and pepper. Add potatoes, celery, onion and egg and toss gently.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Servings: Serves 8