- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the cocoa, sugar, water, salt and corn syrup together in a small saucepan.
- Place over medium heat, stirring constantly to prevent scorching, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, while stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla, stirring to mix well.
- Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate in a tightly closed glass or plastic container.