Company Breakfast Casserole
- 6 slices bread - crust removed and cut into cubes
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half (substitute milk, if desired)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9-inch baking dish and set aside. Cook sausage until browned, stirring to crumble; drain well.
- Spoon sausage over bread cubes; sprinkle with cheese.
- Combine eggs, half-and-half, salt and pepper; mix well and pour over cheese.
- Cover casserole and chill overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 15 minutes before baking. Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
Yields: 8 servings