Country Breakfast Casserole
- 1 roll (12-16 oz) sausage, regular or reduced fat
- 6 slices bread, crust removed
- 6 each eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 package sausage country gravy mix
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded and divided
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (optional)
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet; cook over medium heat until brown, stirring occasionally. Remove sausage and drain on paper towel. Spread sausage over bottom of a lightly greased 11 x 8-inch baking dish. Cut bread into 1-inch cubes. Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, water, milk and gravy mix. Sprinkle cheese over sausage. Pour mixture over cheese. Arrange bread cubes evenly over mixture. If desired, drizzle butter over bread. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 325 degrees, uncovered, 40 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Yields: 8 servings
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes