Creamed Garlicky Turnips
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. sugar (optional)
- Dash of nutmeg (optional)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 to 1 ½ lbs. turnips, peeled and diced into large cubes
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the turnips once the water boils. Cover turn to medium-high heat and cook until fork tender (about 20-25 minutes).
- Remove from heat. Drain water from the turnips and place them back in the pot. Add the butter and desired spices. Use a potato masher to mash to desired consistency while adding the yogurt.
- Serve hot topped with your favorite gravy or some grated cheese.