Cucumber and Onion Salad
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp. chopped mint
- ½-¾ tsp. salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the cucumber and onion slices, carefully separating the onion slices into rings.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, herbs, spices and vinegar. Add to the cucumber and onions mix. Stir gently to coat the vegetables.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving. Garnish with more mint if desired.