Dark Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 cup of mashed avocado pulp (about 2 medium-sized avocados)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup mashed over-ripe banana
- ¼ cup of brown sugar (optional)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate squares, melted
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 9"x5" loaf pan. Lightly dust with flour and then set aside.
- Place the mashed avocado and banana in a bowl and beat, using a hand whisk or electric mixer (set on low), until ingredients are blended and mostly smooth.
- Add the sugar to the bowl and mix until combined and then add the eggs, one at a time, and mix well in between each egg.
- Add the vanilla, melted chocolate and zucchini. Mix until incorporated, while using a folding motion.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, followed by the Greek yogurt, and then finish by adding the remaining dry ingredients. Once fully combined, fold in the chopped walnuts. Be careful to only do this just enough to incorporate the nuts. Overmixing will result in a coarse textured loaf.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for about 70 to 75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes and then remove the loaf from the pan. Cool the loaf completely on a wire rack.