Serve with a salad and green vegetable for a well-balanced meal.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can beef broth
- 3/4 cup water
- Cook ground beef, garlic, celery, parsley and green pepper in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain off any excess fat.
- Stir in salt, red pepper, black pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add rice, broth and 3/4 cup water, stirring well. Bring mixture to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer 25 to 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
Yields: 6 Servings
Nutrition Facts Per serving:
- calories: 267
- fat: 7 g total(3 g. sat. fat)
- cholesterol: 28 mg.
- carbohydrates: 30 g
- sodium: 775 mg
- dietary fiber: 3 g
- protein: 20 g