Easy Peach Cobbler
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 2/3 cup ripe avocado, mashed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat or oat flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tbsp. and 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 cups canned sliced peaches, in their own juice and no sugar added
- 1/2 cup of the canned peach juice, reserved and divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients and use a fork to stir just until they are combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the reserved juice in a 9 inch baking pan. Add the peaches and sprinkle the cinnamon on top of the peaches.
- Top the peaches with the flour mixture and gently spread to evenly distribute. Pour the remaining reserved juice on top of the flour mixture. Do not mix the juice into the topping.
- Place the cobbler pan in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.