Enchilada Chicken Casserole
- 1- 10 oz. can of low sodium cream of chicken soup
- 15 oz. can of enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
- 2 cups of shredded, cooked chicken
- 4 oz. can of diced green chilies
- 12 6 inch tortillas
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups diced tomato
- 2 cans of salsa (optional)
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together 1- 10 oz. can of low sodium cream of chicken soup, ¼ cup of green enchilada sauce (you will need a 15 oz. can for this recipe), and 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp. of plain Greek yogurt. Add to the mix, 2 cups of shredded, cooked chicken and a 4 oz. can of diced green chilies and mix until the ingredients are combined.
- Evenly spread ¼ cup of the enchilada sauce in an 8x8 baking pan. Cut 12- 6 inch tortillas in half. Make two layers of the following: 6 halves of corn tortillas and top with 1/3 of the chicken mixture and 1/3 cup of the enchilada sauce.
- Top the 2nd layer with 1 ½ cups of shredded cheddar cheese and then top with 6 tortilla halves and then the remaining chicken and 1/3 cup of enchilada sauce. Cover with the remaining tortillas and then the last of the enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with ½ cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes. The cheese should be melted and the casserole should be bubbling. Remove it from the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Serve each plate with 1/8th of the casserole topped with baby spinach, diced tomato, and salsa (optional), alongside a serving of your favorite fruit.