Freedom’s Choice® Blueberry Banana Breakfast Bread
Ingredients (Makes 1 loaf)
- ½ stick Freedom’s Choice® Unsalted Butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 3 medium)
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- ¼ cup Freedom’s Choice® Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon Freedom’s Choice® Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Freedom’s Choice® Ground Cinnamon
- 2 cups Freedom’s Choice® All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Freedom’s Choice® Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Freedom’s Choice® Frozen Blueberries, (thawed)
- ½ cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour the bottom and sides of a 9 x 5-½ inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the butter, sugar and banana. Add the eggs, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon; whisk until thoroughly combined. Whisk in the flour, baking soda and salt until just combined. Fold in the blueberries and walnuts. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread evenly to the edges. Bake for 55-60 minutes until desired doneness or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Place pan on a wire rack to cool. Cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Grate orange zest in ½ stick of softened Freedom’s Choice® Salted Butter and add honey to taste for a sweet topper.