French Toast Casserole
- 5 cups bread cubes
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Coat an 8x8-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Line bottom of the pan with bread cubes.
- In a large bowl beat eggs, milk, 2 tablespoons sugar, salt and vanilla. Pour over bread. Dot with butter or margarine.
- Combine remaining sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle on top (can add nutmeg and/or ground cloves to cinnamon-sugar mixture if desired).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes, or until top is golden. Serve with pancake syrup.
Yields: 6 servings