Frozen Apricot Smoothie
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 very ripe bananas, sliced
- 6 apricots, pitted and halved
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 1 tsp. flax seed
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Place the banana slices on a baking sheet in a single layer and put it in the freezer for at least 45 minutes.
- Place the flax seed in a blender and mince until nearly ground. Add the almond milk and half of the frozen bananas. Use the pulse button to slowly break up the bananas. Hold for three seconds, stop, shake the container and repeat. Do this 5-6 times. Add the remaining banana slices and apricots. Pulse and blend until smooth.
- Pour into 4 separate classes and serve immediately.
- To increase the protein content, consider adding a scoop or two of vanilla protein powder. This will add calories.
- Any plant based milk or animal milk (cow, goat, etc.) can be used in place of almond milk. Using animal milk will add a bit more protein.