Grilled Brie Sandwich with Pears
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 8 oz. round of Brie, soft ripened cheese
- 12 leaves of fresh basil
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, deli style
- 3 pears, on the firm side
- 2 tbsp. of butter/olive oil blend spread
- Gently wash and dry the pears. Cut each pear into thin slices, discarding the core.
- Place the slice in a single layer on a paper lined microwave plate and microwave the slices for 45 seconds.
- Remove the brie from its wrapper. Cut it vertically into 12 thing slices.
- Heat a large frying pan to medium-heat. While the pan is heating, lightly spread the butter blend on two slices of bread. Place the bread in the pan, butter side down and quickly top each piece with two slices of the cheese, 1/4 of the sliced pears, two basil leaves, an additional slice of cheese.
- Butter two additional slices of bread and top the cheese, butter side out, and quickly and gently flip the sandwich. Cook until both sides are nicely browned and cheese begins to melt.
- Repeat steps 4-5 to make remaining two sandwiches.