Grilled Eggplant Sandwiches
- 1 eggplant (sliced lengthwise into 4 slices)
- 4 oz. deli ham (thickly sliced into 2 oz. slices)
- 1/2 cucumber (sliced)
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- 2 oz. mozzarella cheese (sliced)
- 2-3 tbsp. Italian dressing
- Place the sliced eggplants on a baking sheet and sprinkle each piece with a little salt. Set them aside for 45 minutes or until all the liquid has been extracted.
- Preheat grill to 425 degrees F or medium-high heat.
- Prep the grill grates with olive oil, then quickly place the eggplants on the grill. Close lid and cook for 2 minutes, flip and cook additional 2 minutes. Remove from the grill and let cool.
- Assemble 2 sandwiches by liberally brushing 2 pieces of the grilled eggplant with Italian dressing. Place on a plate, stack the following on top of those pieces:
4 slices of cucumber 3 slices of tomato 1- 2 oz. slice of ham 1 oz. of sliced cheese
- Brush the other 2 slices of eggplant with the remaining Italian dressing and place them on top of the assembled sandwiches, dressing side down.