Grilled Pineapple and Steak Wilted Salad
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 12 oz. skirt steak
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce, chopped
- ¼ cup of Asian flavored dressing
- ½ pineapple, cored and sliced
- ½ red onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- Salt and pepper
- Pickled ginger (optional)
- In a large bowl, add the olive oil, vinegar, honey, minced garlic, ground ginger and a dash of salt and pepper. Mix the ingredients together. Add the skirt steak and toss gently coating the entire steak. Cover and marinade the steak at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Prepare a very hot grill.
- Place the skirt on the grill; grill each side for 4 minutes, flip only once.
- Remove the steak and let rest for 10 minutes.
- While the steak is resting, place the sliced pineapple on the grill; grill each for 3 minutes. Remove from the grill; quickly cut into chunks.
- Add the hot pineapple to a large bowl; add the greens, onion, and dressing; toss together.
- While cutting with the grain, cut the skirt steak into 3-4 inch sections; then slice each of the sections into ¼ inch thick pieces by cutting against the grain.
- Assemble each salad plate by placing ¼ of the mixed greens and pineapple on a plate; top with ¼ of the steak. If desired, add a few pieces of the pickled ginger as a garnish.