Grilled Pork and Apricot Skewers
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 ½ pounds thickly cut boneless pork loin chops
- 8-12 fresh apricots, pitted and halved
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger or ½ tsp. ginger powder
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. safflower oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- Cut the pork loin chops into 1-inch chunks and place the pieces in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together, the oil, lime juice, garlic powder, ginger, and honey. Pour this mixture over the pork pieces and mix gently to coat all the pork. Cover and let marinade for 1-2 hours.
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Begin preheating the grill.
- While the grill is coming to medium heat, assemble the skewers by alternating the pork chunks with the apricot chunks. Save the marinade for the next step.
- Place the assembled skewers on the heated grill, baste with some of the marinade, close the grill and cook for 4 minutes on one side. Uncover and then flip the skewers, quickly baste with the marinade (discard any remaining marinade), cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or when the pork is no longer pink throughout and / or reaches a temperature 145 degrees F.
- Remove the skewers from the grill and let the pork rest at least 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cut basil (optional) and serve 2 skewers per plate.