Hillary Clinton's Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking sheets lightly with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the shortening, sugars and vanilla until creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Beat flour mixture, a third at a time, into shortening mixture.
- Stir in the rolled oats and the chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 2 minutes the remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Yields: 3 dozen Cookies