- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. cranberry sauce
- 14-16 oz instant brown rice
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a mixing bowl, add 1 lb. of lean ground turkey, ½ cup of plain panko bread crumbs, ½ tsp. of salt, 1 tsp. of poultry seasoning, 2 tbsp. ketchup and 1 egg. Using clean hands, mix the ingredients well. Roll the mixture into 12 equal balls. Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a muffin tin, place 1 tbsp. of cranberry sauce in each hole. Place a turkey ball on top of the cranberry sauce in each hole. Place turkey balls in the oven and bake until the center is no longer pink (about 20-25 minutes).
- While the turkey meatballs are baking, cook 14-16 oz. of instant brown rice according to package instructions.
- Serve each plate with 3 meatballs, a little cranberry sauce, ¼ of the rice, and your favorite mix of greens topped with grated cheese, a sprinkle of nuts and a dash of balsamic vinegar.
- For an Italian spin, swap out the poultry seasoning for Italian seasoning.
- Serve with your favorite marinara sauce on a bed of whole wheat noodles.
- Instead of salad, microwave a 14-16 oz. bag of frozen broccoli or cauliflower and top with shredded cheddar cheese.