- 2 pounds semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (chocolate chips work fine, too)
- 1 pint (2 cups) ice cream, slightly thawed*
- 1 cup chopped pecans, optional
- * Use butter pecan, black walnut, mint, Dutch chocolate, anything you like – even vanilla.
- Line an 8" or 9" square pan with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Place chopped chocolate in medium size microwave-safe bowl, and microwave on full power for 1 minute and 45 seconds. Stir.
- Add thawed ice cream and beat, by hand, until smooth. If the coolness of the ice cream hardens the chocolate, microwave the entire mixture for an additional 30 to 40 seconds, before beating.
- Stir in nuts and turn into prepared pan
- Refrigerate until firm; cut into squares.
- Makes about 64 servings. Store, tightly wrapped, at room temperature.