- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 each medium yellow, red and green bell peppers
- 1 small eggplant (about ½ pound)
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 clove garlic, pressed through a garlic press
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- Remove stem and blossom end of eggplant and cut in half lengthwise. Slice each half into thirds lengthwise, then slice crosswise into ½-inch thick pieces.
- Remove stem end of zucchini, quarter lengthwise, then slice crosswise into 1-inch chunks.
- Clean onion, cut in half vertically, then into 1-inch chunks. Remove stem, seeds and membranes from peppers and cut into 1-inch chunks.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion and peppers and stir-fry about 3 to 4 minutes or until onions are beginning to become translucent.
- Add eggplant, zucchini and garlic and stir-fry until all vegetables are crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Stir in enough of the canned diced tomatoes to tie everything together, about ½ to ¾ can. The mixture should be saucy, but not soupy. Continue to cook until all ingredients are heated through. Serve immediately.