Leftover Turkey Salad
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 8 oz. cooked turkey or chicken, cut into chunks or shredded
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning*
- 2 green apples, peeled and minced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp. minced walnuts or slivered almonds
- ½ cup minced red onion
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 lettuce leaves
In a large salad bowl, combine the turkey with the Cajun seasoning and toss gently.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly to combine. Refrigerate before serving on top of the lettuce leaves or as a sandwich on toasted whole grain bread.
- To make your own *Cajun seasoning mix the following: 2 tsp. salt, 2 tsp. garlic powder, ¾ tsp. cayenne pepper, 1 tsp. black pepper, 1 tsp. onion powder, 2 1½ tbsp. dried oregano, and 2 ¾ tsp. paprika. This blend can be used to season vegetables and meats. Store the mix in an airtight container.