Mandarin Orange and Basil Smoothie
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 ½ cups plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup skim milk
- 5 mandarin oranges, peeled
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until the basil leaves begin to be incorporated. Mix until nearly smooth.
- Serve immediately.
- Can make single serving by using about 3-4 leaves of fresh basil, 2/3 cup yogurt, dash of vanilla, 1-2 mandarin oranges and ¼ cup of milk.