Maple Cranberry Sauce
- 12 oz. cranberries
- 1 cup 100% cranberry juice
- 1 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 whole lemon, zested and juiced
- Pour all the ingredients in a medium-sized saucepan and bring it to boil.
- Once at a rolling boil, turn the heat down to medium low and cook for about 10 more minutes until the sauce thickens. Stir occasionally.
- Use 1/3 cup honey or 1/3 brown sugar instead of the maple syrup.
- Swap the lemon for a lime or even 1/2 an orange
- Store the extra cranberry sauce in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Use it as a snack by spreading some cream cheese on whole wheat crackers and topping with a dab of the sauce.