Mayonnaise-Free Chicken Salad Sandwich
Macros / Serving Size
Protein 39 g | Fat 14 g | Carbs 40 g
% Calories of Macros / Serving Size
Calories 430 | Protein 35 % | Fat 29 % | Carbs 36 %
Nutrients / Serving Size
Fiber 9 g | Sodium 267 mg | Sat. Fat 3 g
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 large ripe avocado
- ¼ small onion
- 1 celery stalk
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 12 oz. cooked chicken
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Whole grain bread or croissants
- Peel and pit one medium/large ripe avocado, chop the onion, and thinly slice the celery.
- In a medium bowl mash together the avocado and ¼ cup of Greek yogurt until smooth; then add the garlic powder, chopped onion, and celery; then blend.
- Add cooked chicken (canned chicken, drained, works well), dried cranberries, and apple cider vinegar; blend well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and, if needed, add a little more Greek yogurt to suit your desired level of moistness.
- Make 4-6 sandwiches, using whole grain bread, divide the chicken salad evenly amongst the sandwiches.
- This salad is also tasty on top of a bed of your favorite salad greens. Mashed avocado, with Greek yogurt and a dash of vinegar, is also a great homemade dressing to top salads.
- Serve 1-2 sandwiches per plate alongside a bed of fresh spinach greens, topped with a few slices of strawberries, a few crushed peanuts, and a small drizzle of your favorite salad dressing.
- Nutrition analysis is based on the use of nonfat plain Greek yogurt, cooked chicken breast, skin removed with no seasoning, and 8 regular-sized slices of multi-grain bread. Yield of recipe is based on 4 servings.