Microwaved Turkey Meatballs and Potatoes
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- ½ cup bread crumbs or finely crushed saltine crackers
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 12-14 oz. can reduced sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tbsp. butter
- ¾ cup of nonfat milk
- 1 ¼ cup instant mashed potatoes
- Gently mix the ground turkey, bread crumbs, spices, ketchup and egg, in a large mixing bowl with clean hands.
- Form the mixture into 16 meatballs. Add and then place in a microwave safe dish.
- Cover the meatballs with the mushroom soup and gently toss the meatballs so all are coated. Cover the dish and microwave on high for 7 minutes. Carefully remove from the microwave and set aside. Leave it covered.
- Combine the milk, 1 cup of water, and butter in a medium sized microwave safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Remove from the microwave and carefully remove the cover. Add the potato flakes and stir gently. Fluff with a fork. Cover and let sit for an additional minute.
- On each plate, dish out 1/4th of the potatoes and top with 4 meatballs and a drizzle of the soup. Serve steamed broccoli or a small garden salad on the side.