Navy Chief's Bean Peach Salsa
Macros / Serving Size
Protein: 6.26 g | Fat: 3.57 g | Carbs: 23.19 g
% Calories of Macros / Serving Size
Calories 141 | Protein 17 % | Fat 21 % | Carbs 62 %
Nutrients / Serving Size
Fiber: 7.55 g | Sodium: 149.18 mg | Sat Fat: 0.50 g
Ingredients (serves 5)
- 1 14-15 oz. can low-sodium black or kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 ripe peaches, cubed, skin and pits removed
- 1-2 diced jalapeños (depending on desired level of heat), seeds removed
- ¼ large red onion, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ green bell pepper (optional)
- Zest of one lime (optional)
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Dash of salt
- Blend all the ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Cover and let rest in the refrigerator for the flavors to blend for at least an hour.
- Start out with just one jalapeño and assess the level of heat after the salsa has had a chance to blend for one hour. If desired, add additional jalapeño and let the flavors blend for an additional hour.
- Use this salsa to top your favorite piece of grilled meat, baked potato, or mixed greens salad. This is even a tasty topping for baked sweet potatoes.
- Serve the salsa alongside whole grain tortilla chips or as part of a Sunday brunch (egg burritos and cheese).
- Nutrition information does not include the optional ingredients.