- 1 lb fresh or thawed frozen turkey
- 1 can fat-free refried beans
- 1 can chopped green chiles (undrained)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- garlic powder to taste
- 15-20 tortilla chips
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese
- Handful fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 mango
- Begin cooking one lb. of fresh or thawed frozen ground turkey in a frying pan.
- As the turkey is cooking and begins to brown, add one can of fat-free refried beans and then season the mixture with one can of chopped green chiles (undrained) or 1tsp. of ground cumin.
- When the ground turkey is completely cooked (no more pink is showing), season it with 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped cilantro and garlic powder to taste.
- Place about 15-20 chips on a plate, top with ½ cup the turkey and bean mixture and 1/3 cup of shredded cheese, and then microwave on high for about 1 minute or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove chips from the microwave and top with a large handful of fresh baby spinach leaves, diced tomatoes, and about 2 tablespoons of non-fat Greek yogurt and salsa.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each additional plates.
- Serve a half a mango with each plate of nachos.
- Lean hamburger or diced boneless skinless chicken breast can be used in place of ground turkey.
- For a tasty twist, consider chopping up the mangos and serving on top of the nachos.
- Use the left over chips and filling and mix with other fresh greens and vegetables for two taco salad for future lunches.