- 4 tablespoons butter (½ stick), melted
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 (29 ounce) can sliced peaches with juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour melted butter into 13x9-inch baking pan, tipping to coat bottom of pan evenly. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir flour, salt and baking powder together thoroughly.
- Stir in sugar, then milk, stirring until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter over melted butter in baking pan (DO NOT STIR)
- Spoon peaches, with juice, evenly over the batter. You may not need to use all the juice.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until top of cobbler is deep golden brown.
- Serve warm, or at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers.