Pico De Gallo
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 lb. medium Roma tomatoes (3-4), seeded, and diced small
- ¼ cup red onion, diced small
- 1 tbsp. fresh jalapeño pepper flesh (1 medium pepper), finely minced
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2½ tbsp. fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Juice and zest of ½ lime
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and toss to mix well.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, so the flavors blend well.
- Serve this dish with chips; or, use it to top tacos, cooked chicken, beef, fish, or even a baked potato.
- Consider adding drained, black beans and a can of drained, kernel corn to the recipe; increase the garlic to 1 tablespoon, use a whole lime and a little more cilantro.