Pressure Cooked Corned Beef and Cabbage
Ingredients (Serves 8)
- 3 lbs. corned beef
- ¾ medium-sized head of cabbage
- 4 large carrots (optional)
- 2 onions
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 12 oz. low-sodium beef broth
- 1/3 cup of strongly brewed coffee
- Cut baking potatoes in half and place at bottom of pressure cooker with the cut side down
- Remove corned beef from the package and place it over the potatoes. The potatoes sort of act like a spacer so the corned beef does not touch the bottom of the cooker or rest in the liquid.
- Pour the low-sodium beef broth and coffee over the corned beef. Sprinkle the seasoning packet that came with the corned beef on top of the meat.
- Close the pressure cooker lid and assure the steam valve is closed. Pressure cook on high for 85 minutes. Let the pressure set for about 15 minutes and then actively release the remaining pressure (steam) using the quick release method for you cooker.
- Carefully remove the beef and potatoes and set aside and cover.
- Quarter the onion and carrots, cut the cabbage into large chunks and discard the core. Add all the vegetables to the pot with the liquid that is remaining.
- Put the lid on and pressure cook for 4 minutes. Release pressure manually using the quick release method. Gently remove the vegetables and place on a large dish. Pour some of the liquid in the pot over the vegetables.
- Slice the corned beef 1 inch slices.
- Serve by placing 2-3 slices of corned beef with a large portion of vegetables and half of a baked potato.