- 1 tablespoon yeast
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set it aside until later.
- Put the yeast, water, and honey in a small bowl. Stir together, then let the mixture sit for 5 minutes. Set a timer to ring when the 5 minutes are over.
- While the mixture sits, mix the flour and salt together in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- When the timer rings, check on the yeast mixture. It should be bigger than before and should be a little bubbly. Add this mixture to the flour and salt mixture.
- Stir everything together with a spoon, to start, then finish mixing with your hands. Make sure your hands are totally clean. The dough is finished when it's still a little crumbly and flaky.
- Put the dough on a large cutting board and knead it like you are playing with clay. Knead it into one big ball.
- Break off a piece of dough that's about the size of a big gumball. Use your hands to roll it into a skinny snake.
- Twist the snake into a medium-size pretzel shape, and put it on the cookie sheet. Do this with all the dough, making 12 pretzels.
- Bake your pretzels for 10 minutes. Take them out of the oven, let them cool, then enjoy.