- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 13x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt with all the spices (first eight ingredients) and stir well.
- In a large bowl, stir together the canned pumpkin, oil, water and beaten eggs until thoroughly combined.
- Stir the flour mixture, a bit at a time, into the pumpkin mixture until the batter is smooth.
- Spread evenly into prepared baking pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Combine frosting ingredients in a small bowl and beat with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Spread evenly over cooled cake. Cut into bars to serve.