Quick Stovetop Tuna Mac
- 1/2 lb whole wheat pasta (elbow, rotini or rigatoni)
- 12-16 oz frozen broccoli
- 2 eggs
- 6 oz nonfat evaporated milk
- 3/4 tsp dry mustard
- 8 oz shredded shard cheddar cheese
- 5 oz tuna (drained)
- Bring one large pot of water with ¼ tsp. of salt to a boil and then add ½ lb. of whole wheat pasta (elbow, rotini, or rigati). Cook until the pasta is tender (8-10 minutes) and then drain.
- Quickly return the drained pasta to the pot, add 2 tbsp. of butter and gently mix until the butter is melted.
- Begin microwaving a 12-16 oz. bag of frozen broccoli according to the package directions.
- Whisk together 2 eggs, 6 oz. of nonfat evaporated milk, ½ tsp. of salt, a dash of pepper, and ¾ tsp. of dry mustard; stir this mixture into the cooked pasta.
- Add 8 oz. of shredded sharp cheddar cheese to the pasta; on low heat, continue to stir until the cheese melts and the pasta is creamy (about 3 minutes).
- Remove the heat and add 5 oz. of tuna (drained) to the cheesy pasta. Gently mix.
- Serve each plate with ¼th of the pasta and ¼th of the broccoli.
- For a little spice, add some hot sauce. Try adding drained mushrooms and canned green peas for truly a one pot meal, if broccoli isn’t your thing.