Quinoa, Veggie & Chicken Bowl
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups quinoa
- 15 oz. can green beans (drained)
- 15 oz. can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 16 oz. can chunked, cooked, chicken breast (drained)
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Using a large sized sauce pan, bring 2 1/2 cups of low sodium chicken broth and 2 cups of quinoa to a boil. Cover and then simmer for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- While the quinoa is simmering, in a large bowl combine, 1-15 oz. can of green beans (drained), 1-15 oz. can of whole kernel corn (drained), 10-15 cherry tomatoes (halved) and 16 oz. of chunked, cooked boneless chicken breast (leftover, canned, or rotisserie) or cooked turkey. Gently toss.
- Once the quinoa is finished cooking, remove it from the pan and spread thinly on a clean baking sheet so it can cool quickly.
- Mix together 6 tbsp. olive oil, 1tbsp. lemon juice, ¼ cup chopped parsley, 1tsp. minced garlic, and ¼ tsp. pepper.
- Add the cooled quinoa to the vegetables and chicken. Drizzle the dressing over the mixture and gently toss.
- Serve 1/8th of the mixture in a bowl alongside you favorite piece of fresh fruit or yogurt.
Tip: Freeze the leftovers in single servings for a lunch or quick dinner. This meal can be served cold or heated in the microwave. The dressing in step 4, works great as a meat marinade, or can be cooked with meat for a unique flavor. Use the dressing in Step 4 to top your favorite salads.