Quinoa, Veggie & Chicken Bowl
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups quinoa
- 15 oz. can green beans, drained
- 15 oz. can whole kernel corn, drained
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 16 oz. can chunked, cooked, chicken breast, drained
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Using a large sauce pan, bring the low-sodium chicken broth and quinoa to a boil. Cover and then simmer for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- While the quinoa is simmering, in a large bowl combine the green beans, corn, cherry tomatoes and cooked boneless chicken breast (leftover, canned, or rotisserie) or cooked turkey. Gently toss.
- Once the quinoa is finished cooking, remove it from the pan and spread thinly on a clean baking sheet so it can cool quickly.
- Mix together olive oil, lemon juice, chopped parsley, minced garlic, and pepper.
- Add the cooled quinoa to the vegetables and chicken. Drizzle the dressing over the mixture and gently toss.
- Serve ⅛ of the mixture in a bowl alongside your favorite piece of fresh fruit or yogurt.
Tip: Freeze the leftovers in single servings for a lunch or quick dinner. This meal can be served cold or heated in the microwave. The dressing in step 4 works great as a meat marinade, or can be cooked with meat for a unique flavor. Use the dressing in Step 4 to top your favorite salads.