Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 pumpkin (cut and seeded)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil (+/- depending on the size of pumpkin)
- 1/2 tsp. salt (+/- depending on the size of pumpkin)
- cooking spray
- Place the scooped out seeds and any stringy pulp in a large bowl; place enough water so it's 2" over the seeds and pulp.
- Whisk by hand, until the seeds separate from the pulp. The seeds will float to teh top and can be easily skimmed out of the mixture.
- Place the seeds in a strainer to drain; then pat dry with a clean towel.
- Placed the dried seeds in a mixing bowl and add the olive oil and salt. Toss the seeds until they are evenly coated.
- Spread the seeds evenly, single layer on lightly oiled (cooking sprayed) baking sheet; bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Remove the seeds from the oven when they are golden brown.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.