- 1 lb large uncooked frozen shrimp
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 14 oz diced tomatoes
- pinch dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cup low-sodium broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 1/3 cup couscous
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- chopped parsley (optional)
- lemon juice (optional)
- Peel and clean 1 lb. of large, uncooked fresh or frozen shrimp, pat dry and season with a little salt and pepper. Dice ¼ of a medium onion and peel and then thinly slice 2 garlic cloves.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and sliced garlic. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the shrimp. When the first side turns pink, flip it and then add 14 oz. of diced tomatoes, a pinch of dried oregano, and 1 ½ cup of low sodium broth (chicken or vegetable).
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then add 1 ⅓ cup of couscous and 2 cups of fresh baby spinach. Stir, cover, and remove from heat. Remove the cover after 5 minutes and top the couscous with 4 oz. of crumbled feta cheese.
- Serve ¼ of the couscous mixture on each plate and then top each with a little chopped fresh parsley and a little squeeze of fresh lemon juice (optional). Finish the meal with a 2 oz. piece of dark chocolate.
- To add a Mediterranean flare to this meal, consider adding ¼ cup of Kalamata Olives, halved, or ¼ cup of sliced black olives during step 3.