Speedy Microwave Chicken Quesadilla
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 5-6 oz. of canned chicken or turkey, drained and flaked
- 1/3 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 14-16 oz. can fat-free refried beans
- 4-5 oz. of sliced black olives, drained
- 4 oz. salsa
- 8 6 inch whole wheat tortillas
- 4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- Mixed salad greens
- Plain nonfat Greek Yogurt (optional)
- Juice of ½ lime (optional)
- In a medium sized bowl empty the refried beans, 1/3 packet of taco seasoning and drained olives, and lime juice (optional) and gently mix.
- Lay out 4 tortillas and then spread ¼ of the mixture on each tortilla. Top the mixture with ¼ of the chicken per tortilla and then top the chicken with 1 oz. of cheese. Finish by topping each with a tortilla.
- Place one quesadilla in the microwave, cover with a damp paper towel and cook for 60-70 seconds, or until heated through and the cheese is melted. Carefully remove from the microwave and top each with ¼ of the salsa each salad greens, and a dollop of Greek yogurt (optional).
- Repeat step 3 for the remaining quesadillas.
- All four quesadillas do not need to be made at one time. Just throw together the bean mix, and gently add the chicken and keep it a covered container in the fridge for up to three days. Then make them as desired. These work great for an after school snack or even a quick breakfast.
- Forget the tortillas and make yourself a big salad with mixed greens and a variety of vegetables and use the bean and chicken mixture to create a “leaned down” version of taco salad.