Spicy Primavera Pasta
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 medium zucchini (quartered)
- 10 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 8 oz. dry whole wheat/grain pasta
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 oz. parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley (optional)
- Prepare the produce by dicing 1 medium onion, quartering 1 medium zucchini lengthwise and then slicing, cutting 10 cherry tomatoes in half, and mincing 5 garlic cloves. Set aside.
- Thinly slice 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast.
- Begin cooking 8 oz. of dry whole wheat/grain pasta according to package directions
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil. Add the chicken and diced onion and cook over medium heat until almost all of the pink coloring of the chicken is gone and the onions are nearly tender. Add the zucchini along with ½ tsp. of red pepper flakes, garlic and 1 tsp. of balsamic vinegar and cook for about 2 minutes and then add the tomatoes. Salt and pepper to taste and then cook an additional 2 minutes. Set aside.
- When tender, drain the pasta and add to the chicken vegetable mixture. Stir in 1 additional tbsp. of balsamic vinegar, ½ oz. of freshly grated parmesan cheese and 1 tbsp. of chopped parsley (optional).
- Divide the mixture into 4 bowls and top a touch of additional freshly grated parmesan cheese. Add a piece of your favorite in season fresh fruit to round out the meal.