Spicy Turkey Sausage and Kale Chili
Macros / Serving Size
Protein 35 g | Fat 15 g | Carbs 33 g
% Calories of Macros / Serving Size
Calories 393 | Protein 35 % | Fat 34 % | Carbs 32 %
Nutrients / Serving Size
Fiber 10 g | Sodium 355 mg | Sat. Fat 4 g
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey, 93% lean, 7% fat
- 1 15.5 oz. can cannellini beans, drained
- 32 oz. low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 14.5 oz. can low-sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz. can stewed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste (optional)
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil to medium-high heat. Add the ground turkey. Once browned, drain.
- Add the chicken stock, tomatoes, beans, cayenne pepper, and tomato paste. Stir until the tomato paste breaks up and is absorbed fully.
- Tear the kale into pieces and add to the chili. Cook for five minutes and serve.
- The longer the kale is cooked the less stiff it will be and will lose it’s vibrant green. To thicken the chili, let it simmer for 30 minutes before adding the kale.
- Nutrition analysis is based on estimated weight of beans used in the recipe once drained and the use of great northern beans due to the database not including the type of beans called for in the recipe. The differences in these two types of legumes in macro or micro nutrients that are featured in the analysis displayed are not significant. The estimated yield usable kale leaves from a bunch of kale, once the stems are removed, of 3 cups was used in the analysis.