Stir-fry Cauliflower "Rice"
Ingredients (serves 5-6)
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. sunflower, safflower, or coconut oil
- 1 large carrot, finely diced
- ¾ cup red onion, finely diced
- ½ head cauliflower, finely chopped to rice-sized bits (use a food processor to save time)
- ¼ cup water or low-sodium broth
- 1 tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce (or teriyaki sauce)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- A pinch of garlic powder and ginger to taste
- Fresh cilantro or coriander leaf (optional)
- Toasted nuts or sesame seeds (optional)
- In a large sauté pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the carrot, sauté for about 2 minutes, add the onion and cook covered for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and translucent.
- Stir in the cauliflower and ¼ cup water/broth. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring halfway way through cooking time.
- Stir in the soy sauce (or teriyaki sauce) and the green onions. Season with Perfect pinch Asian blend.
- Check for doneness. Don't overcook! The cauliflower should have a little texture, and not be mushy.
- Pair with a high-quality protein (edamame/tofu, grilled chicken, scrambled eggs, or baked salmon) and a side of steamed broccoli or green peas.
- A great replacement for traditional fried rice!