Strawberry Mango Salsa
- 1 cup of strawberries diced
- 1 medium mango, peeled and diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. red onion, diced
- Lime juice from ½ a large lime
- Zest of 1 lime (optional)
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 dashes red pepper flakes
- Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix gently.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Taste and adjust spices as needed.
- Use within one day.
- Consider serving the salsa with tortilla chips for a sweet-and-salty taste.
- Serve on top of salad greens mixed with black beans.
- Use it to top grilled chicken, beef, and tuna or alongside grilled shrimp.