Sweet and Spicy Chicken
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 lbs. boneless chicken breast or thighs
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- ¼ cup Freedom’s Choice™ chili sauce
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ cup water or broth
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- Green onion
- Cut the boneless chicken into 1-2 inch chunks.
- Mix the chili sauce, liquids and spices in a small bowl.
- Add the oil to the bottom of the pressure cooker and bring to temperature. Add the chicken and then brown for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the chili sauce mixture over the chicken and then add the pineapple chunks. Bring the cooker to pressure. Cook for 5 minutes and then quick release the pressure.
- Garnish with sliced green onion and serve alone or serve it on top of bed of greens or with brown or wild rice.
- If you use a different type of chili sauce, you may need to change the proportions of some of the spices.