Sweet Asian Egg Noodles & Chicken
- 2 medium carrots (thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 8 oz. whole grain egg noodles
- Small red onion (diced)
- 1 cucumber (diced and seeded)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup mint
- 14 oz. can baby corn (drained)
- 12 oz. shredded cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. powdered ginger
- 3/4 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- Fill a large sauce pan 3/4th of the way full with water and place the pan on the stove, set at medium-high heat to bring the water to a boil.
- While the water is coming to a boil, thinly slice 2 medium carrots. Place the carrots in a microwave safe dish with 2 tbsp. of water and 1 tbsp. of reduced sodium soy sauce. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes until they are crunchy tender, and then set aside to cool.
- Add 8 oz. of whole grain egg noodles to the boiling water and cook them according to the package directions.
- While the carrots and noodles are cooking, dice a small red onion and place in a large sized bowl. Add 1 diced and seeded large cucumber, 1/4th cup of chopped fresh cilantro, 1/4th cup of chopped fresh mint, 1- 14 oz. can of baby corn (drained), and 12 oz. of cooked chicken, shredded.
- Once the noodles are cooked, drain them in the sink and run cold water over them. Let them finish cooling in the sink.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/3 cup of sweet chili sauce, 1/3 cup of lime juice, 1 tbsp. of reduced sodium soy sauce, and 1 ½ tsp. of powdered ginger spice. Mix well with a fork.
- Once cooled, add the noodles and carrots to the chicken mixture and gently toss. Pour the sweet chili mixture into the bowl and gently toss again.
- Place ¾ cup of roasted peanuts (unsalted) in a sandwich bag and close the bag tightly being sure there is no trapped air. Using the bottom of a frying pan, pound the bag until the peanuts are coarsely broken.
- Serve each plate with 1/4th of the noodle mixture topped with 1/4th of the chopped peanuts.